Comedians Randy & Jason Sklar learn how to make a TWIN BONE BROTH Pasta on this episode of Bert Kreischer’s cooking show, SOMETHING”S BURNING.
TWIN color, zesty garden pasta.
1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup olive oil
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 lb mixed asparagus and broccoli (asparagus cut into 1/2 size slices and broccoli into
small 1inch florets)
1 bag of red lentil penne pasta (from Trader Joe’s)
a few pinches of salt and several grinds of pepper
1 1/2 cups of peas (frozen)
1 1/2 cups white wine
2 cups veggie broth
zest and juice of 1 1/2 lemon (washed)
1. Heat a large frying pan to medium heat and let warm. Add oil.
2. Add your chopped onions.
3. Sauté the onions for about 6 minutes, until translucent.
4. Add the shallots and let cook for a few minutes with the onions
5. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute
6. Add butter to the pan, then add the broccoli and asparagus. Salt and pepper to taste
7. Sauté for about 8 minutes.
8. Then add lemon juice, lemon zest, veggie broth and wine. Cover and simmer for about
10-12 minutes (or longer). You want the asparagus nice and soft.
9. Add the peas a few minutes before done so they don’t get mushy.
10. While the veggies are simmering, boil your pasta according to the directions on the
package, then strain and set aside.
11. Add the pasta to the sauté pan and toss together.
12. Serve warm and enjoy!