Bert invites Steve Lemme & Kevin Heffernan from Super Troopers to make McGriddles with maple syrup crack infused into the batter. They even help Bert create a new catchphrase.
HOMEMADE MCGRIDDLES AND HASH BROWNS Recipe:
MAKE SYRUP CRYSTALS
- Heat a cup of pure maple syrup in a pan over medium heat.
- Stir and heat the syrup until it starts to thicken or you start to see crystals forming on the bottom or side of the pan.
- Pour the syrup onto a chilled plate and allow the syrup to crystallize. If you pour the syrup onto a dark-colored plate, it will be easier to watch the crystals form.
MAKE THE HASHBROWNS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Rub 4 potatoes with oil and salt and bake for 45 minutes.
- After they’ve cooled, shred them using box grater
- Add kosher salt, some black pepper, ½ teaspoon paprika and 1 beaten egg.
- Gently mix using a fork
- Add 2 tablespoons flour
- Shape into ½-inch thick patties
- Pan fry 1 minute per side or until golden brown. Place hash brown patties in a single layer with spacing around them. Pan fry for 1 minute per side or until golden brown then remove to a paper towel and season with salt.
MAKE THE SAUSAGE PATTIES
- Form patties and fry in a skillet, set aside
MAKE THE PANCAKE BUNS
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and ½ teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup milk, 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 egg.
- Add dry ingredients to milk mixture; whisk until just moistened
- Crack the maple sugar crystals into pieces
- Cook the buns in frying pan using molds- Fill only halfway with batter, then some maple syrup crystals, then more batter. Flip when bubbles form.
MAKE THE EGGS
- Cook three eggs as desired
- ASSEMBLE THE MCGRIDDLES
- 1. Baking sheet
- 2. Parchment paper
- Paper towel lined plate
- 2 frying pans
- Mixing bowl
- 2 bowls pancakes
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons